One of our Vilariça Valley vineyards, Macieira is very near to Quinta do Ataíde and Quinta da Canada, our two other properties in this remote area of the Douro Superior. Macieira, which supplies grapes to our Altano DOC Douro wines, was largely replanted between 2016 and 2018 and will become an organically farmed vineyard from 2019.
- Total Area 35.6 hectares
- Vineyard Area 29,44 hectares
- Principal Grape Varieties Touriga Nacional, Alicante Bouschet, Touriga Franca
- Vineyard Aspect South-west, west and south
- Altitude Range 170 - 185 metres
- Supplies Symington Douro DOC wines