Owned by a retired member of the family, Peter Symington, veteran of 40 Douro vintages, Quinta da Fonte Branca is very close to the ancient town of Lamego in the Baixo Corgo — the Douro’s coolest subregion. This, combined with the property’s altitude, produces grapes that are very suitable for dry wines, such as the company’s Altano DOC Douro white wine.
- Total Area 35.9 hectares
- Vineyard Area 21.9 hectares
- Principal Grape Varieties Tinta Barroca, old mixed vines, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz
- Vineyard Aspect East, south, west
- Altitude Range 310 — 473 metres
- Supplies Symington Douro DOC wines