Quinta do Cabeço, owned by Johnny and Helen Symington, is in the Douro Superior. Its steep vineyards straddle a ridge that affords magnificent views of Quinta do Vesuvio on the opposite bank of the Douro River. The quinta has a distinct conically-shaped, craggy hill with incredibly steep slopes where large birds of prey build their nests. The grapes are vinified in the nearby Senhora da Ribeira lagar winery.
- Total Area 100.4 hectares
- Vineyard Area 36 hectares
- Principal Grape Varieties Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela, Tinta Barroca
- Vineyard Aspect West, east, south
- Altitude Range 112 – 468 metres
- Supplies Dow’s Port