This Rio Torto quinta was acquired by the Prats & Symington partnership specifically for our DOC Douro joint venture. It is planted with Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca, the two most important varieties for fine Douro red wines.
The property complements the other Prats & Symington vineyard, Quinta de Roriz, the latter a north-facing vineyard on the banks of the Douro, while Perdiz is a west-facing vineyard situated deep inside the Rio Torto Valley.
- Total Area 27.2 hectares
- Vineyard Area 23.3 hectares
- Principal Grape Varieties Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, old mixed vines, Tinta Roriz
- Vineyard Aspect West and south-west
- Altitude Range 130 — 321 metres
- Supplies Prats & Symington