As one of the twelve families in the Primum Familiae Vini, we are pleased to announce the launch of the PFV Prize – an annual award of €100,000 to a family company in any area of enterprise that demonstrates excellence in sustainability, innovation, craftsmanship and the successful transmission of responsibility and commitment from one generation to the next.
The winner will have the opportunity to share knowledge with the twelve PFV families, all of whom have hard-won experience in overcoming numerous and, at times, existential challenges throughout their long histories.
Marc Perrin, President of the PFV, commented:
"We in the PFV believe that family companies are the bedrock of regional and national economies. The best family enterprises have a profound commitment to sustainable development and to the environment. Family companies should personify the best values of social responsibility and the kinder human face of free enterprise at a time when globalisation and a rather depressing uniformity have become increasingly prevalent.
By announcing this prize at a time of international crisis resulting from Covid-19, we emphasise the long-term thinking of family companies and our inherent optimism about the future providing we defend the right values.”
The twelve members of the PFV represent the distinctive voices and deep artisan roots of family companies who are committed to the absolute quality of their wines and all have a long history of dedication to their respective regions. The PFV aim to encourage other family companies to continue their independent development and to prove that a family business can be a powerful tool to respond to the social and environmental challenges of our time.
Applications for The PFV Prize 2020 can be made from 1st July on thePFVprize.com and will close on 30th October 2020.
The PFV Short List of five family-owned companies will be published in January 2021 and the PFV Prize winner will be announced in March 2021.
The Selection Jury for The PFV Short List and The PFV Prize will be one member of each of the twelve PFV wine families:
• Priscilla Incisa Della Rochetta - Tenuta San Guido, Italy - Founded 1840
• Albiera Antinori - Marchesi Antinori, Italy - Founded 1385
• Egon Müller - Egon Müller Scharzhof, Germany - Founded 1797
• Prince Robert of Luxembourg - Domaine Clarence Dillon, France - Founded 1935
• Marc Perrin - Famille Perrin, France - Founded 1909
• Paul Symington - Symington Family Estates, Portugal - Founded 1882
• Frédéric Drouhin - Maison Joseph Drouhin, France - Founded 1880
• Miguel Torres Maczassek - Familia Torres, Spain - Founded 1870
• Jean-Frédéric Hugel - Famille Hugel, France - Founded 1639
• Pablo Alvarez - Vega Sicilia, Spain - Founded 1864
• Philippe Sereys de Rothschild - Baron Philippe de Rothschild, France - Founded 1853
• Hubert de Billy - Champagne Pol Roger, France - Founded 1849
The PFV Selection Jury will be supported by Christophe Brunet, General Secretary of the PFV.
More information on thePFVprize.com